عروس البحر الأبيض

عروس البحر الأبيض

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Simple Cheque: Happy :-)

الحمد لله
A word that says it all...

I was accepted for Masters in Computer Science in KSU in 2014. It was of 5 semesters but I took a semester off as I was extremely depressed due to many factors including taking a course with Dr. Heba Kurdi that was so challenging so I decided to stay back. When I resumed, I challenged myself and asked her to be my graduation project supervisor and she accepted... Being a non-Saudi, I was not given the monthly reward of 1,000 SR. Sometimes I was sad but I remembered that fact that I was accepted in the first place and was grateful, I never felt that I needed that money الحمد لله ... Allah is so generous, I graduated in 2018 (exactly one year back) and my supervisor sent me 2 months back that there was a competition for the best research paper and the best Masters project and she asked me to apply. I was not enthusiastic about the application at all but I said that there was nothing whatsoever to lose. After a week, I was announced as a winner for the top three positions and was invited to give a short presentation! I did not see that coming! Although they ran out of time and I couldn't give my presentation, I was awarded the first position ! I couldn't believe my ears and eyes and all senses ! الله أكبر
On that day, they gave me a certificate and an honorary shield. I overheard the dean stating that they were supposed to give us a monetary reward ...

After 2 weeks, she sent us an email asking us to come and get a cheque with our reward. It was a cheque with my name and ID number written on it and went to the Samba branch in uni to withdraw the money :-) ...

يشاء الله إني ما أسيبش الكلية إلا لما آخد منها مكافأة (وأي مكافأة يا فيدو) وتكون تقريبا دي آخر مرة هروح الجامعة

I am so o o o o happy, Although I don't need the money, but it felt nice!


P.S. He gives me 2000 per month for our monthly groceries expenses. This month they finished a bit early as I got gifts for Egypt and he was questioning the reasons and felt puzzled. Although he has all the bills and he knows what I get, but ... I hope that I get a decent job and I get my own personal money ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are always welcomed :)